[VPN] VPN or SSL?

Irwin Lazar ILazar at burtongroup.com
Mon Dec 2 11:38:38 EST 2002

there are a whole slew of SSL accelerator products out there from companies
such as SafeWeb, Intel, Neoteris and others.  There is also Aventail, which
provides managed SSL VPN services.

In our experiences, SSL-based VPNS have proven to be a very attractive
solution for enterprises simply looking to provide remote access to
web-based applications or applications which use well-known ports.  Several
of the SSL appliances from vendors mentioned above also support SSL for
applications such as Outlook & Notes.

We've got a fairly detailed research report on this topic, if you'd like to
preview a copy please contact me off-list.

thanks,
irwin

------
Irwin Lazar