[vpn] VPN Question

Raymakers, Guy guy.raymakers at eds.com
Fri Sep 28 17:04:20 EDT 2001

Eric,

When you mention the large scale VPN's : 1000 to 2000, I've some questions
about it :
what devices where used centrally and how many ?  I assume that if Cisco
71xx or 72xx's where used that +- 4 to 8 central systems ,at least, are in
place .... what would be your recommended routing protocol in these cases
(BGP, OSPF ...) between the central and remote routers ?

Also, I got the following performance stats from Cisco :
C7120 with 700 tunnels using GRE/IPSEC with 3DES and SHA + IKE keepalive
could pull 60 Mbps as total throughput with large packetsizes .... can you
confirm this ?

Thanks,
Guy