[vpn] Windows 2000 VPN

Walden H. Leverich WaldenL at TechSoftInc.com
Thu Sep 27 17:59:00 EDT 2001

IIRC, Try making the name of the Interface in Routing and Remote Access the
same as the name of the user making the connection (service account). This
name=name link is what W2K uses to know that this is a router to router
connection. It's buried somewhere in the MS white papers on VPN.

-Walden

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert [mailto:radie at bigfoot.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2001 8:09 PM
To: vpn at SecurityFocus.com
Cc: vpn at SecurityFocus.com
Subject: [vpn] Windows 2000 VPN

Hi,

I'm looking to create a VPN between two ADSL connected Windows 2000 Servers.

I've found documentation and tried creating a VPN server and getting a
Windows 2K desktop to connect to it no problem, but I can't seem to find
much specific documentation on creating a router <--> router VPN with 2
windows 2000 servers.

Any pointers to documentation would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Robert.