[vpn] Netscreen Ipsec -> NSRemote VPN via Verizon PPPoE DSL

Byron Kennedy byron at markettools.com
Thu Sep 27 18:32:44 EDT 2001

Looking to see if others have faced this issue:

Windows 2000 client is running NS Remote 5.1.3 build 4 behind Linksys 4-port
broadband router (v1.39) at SOHO; connecting through Verizon ISP to
Netscreen 100 (v2.60 r3.1) dialup VPN at Corp.

We have many clients using this setup successfully - dozen or more.  However
this particular one is having tremendous problems using Outlook.  It hangs
up trying to synch and send mail and can't communicate with  the Exchange
server (mailbox is very small compared to others).  All other clients with
this same setup work great, at least a dozen or more.  Only difference i can
find is that this client is using Verizon ISP over PPPoE in New Jersey, no
one else in our corp is using them. Also this didn't work with the original
winPoet client Verizon supplied, nor w/ RASPPPoE.  We've tried em all.   the
client now has a fresh win2k sp2 image just like the dozen or so others,
same Linksys router.  No matter what, Outlook wont function.

Anyone seen anything like this?  Any known IPSec issues with Verizon?  I
think it would work or just not work.

Any ideas? Open to any suggestions.

Byron

Byron Kennedy
MarketTools Inc.
1 Belvedere Place
Mill Valley CA  94941
415-462-2006
byron.kennedy at markettools.com
MarketTools is the leading application service provider (ASP) of web-based
market research tools.  MarketTools provides business tools to build and
deploy sophisticated surveys, gather responses and report results online.
MarketTools is privately held and headquartered in Mill Valley CA.  See
www.markettools.com, www.ztelligence.com and  www.zoomerang.com.