[vpn] VPN Question

Raymakers, Guy guy.raymakers at eds.com
Thu Sep 27 05:57:38 EDT 2001

Hi,

I've got a very specific question about the Cisco routers and I hope that
someone has been confronted with this before ...  more exactly, it's about
the C7120. When you use this one centrally and want to create a GRE/IPSEC
VPN hub and spoke topology, you need to apply a crypto map per remote (to
set the peer). For each crypto map you have to specify a match criteria
which is set in an Access-list. The question I have is, how many extended
access-lists can you create (if there's a software limit at all...) ?  The
normal number for an extended acl are from 100-199 and 2000 till 2699.
Adding this together gives 800 extended acl's, but I'm not sure when a named
extended acl is used whether this number of 800 is also valid ...

Many thanks,
Guy