[vpn] VPN & Linksys cable Router

Georgina/Richard Burrell burrell at telus.net
Thu Sep 13 13:44:40 EDT 2001

You don't specify the type of Linksys router that you are using, but my
experience with Linksys in our VPN is that the router can only handle a VPN
by placing the authenticating server address up in the DMZ. It will not work
any other way.  Secondly, keep in mind that one of the limitations of the
Linksys box is that you can only have one VPN connection at a time -
multiple connections are not possible.  I eventually threw the Linksys out
and brought in a Barricade router instead.  Good luck...