[vpn] Win2000 vs. Cisco client on Win2000?

ELAW at dr.dk ELAW at dr.dk
Thu Sep 13 09:36:58 EDT 2001

We're using a Cisco VPN3K with the Cisco VPN client for our current NT and
95 users.
We're discussing whether we should go for the Cisco client or Win2000's own
client when moving to Win2000.

One issue we're discussing is whether the Win2000 L2TP/IPsec connection will
survive thru' NAT on an ADSL (or similar) router/firewall setup.
The Cisco VPN client doesn't have a problem with that.

Another issue is whether you can control split tunnelling on the client.
In the Cisco client we know we can force all traffic thru' the VPN tunnel.
I understand we may not be able to control things the same way in the
Win2000 client.

Can anyone offer opinions/experiences?

--Erik