[vpn] VPN & Linksys cable Router

Gil Grey gpgrey at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 13 11:03:55 EDT 2001

Can you help me with VPN access from a remote location that goes through a
LinkSys cable router.  Linksys tech support has been absolutely no help.

I am told by my systems administrator that 1) Microsoft VPN requires a
static IP address and 2)my address is not identified as a legitimate IP
address by the Microsoft VPN as it is specially assigned by the router.

Linksys says it can be done.  Linksys checks all sorts of configuration
things with me, and each tech tells me something different...none work.  I
can currently dial up to VPN via Mindspring, but through the cable router no
can do.

Is there a source for proper configuration using the Linksys router if it
can be done?

Thanks for any help, or for pointing me in the right direction for help.

Gil Grey
gpgrey at hotmail.com