[vpn] ID and RSAsigkey

Subba Rao subba9 at home.com
Fri Sep 7 08:09:16 EDT 2001

Before toying with FreeS/WAN, I have used the VPN-Masquerade-HOWTO to connect
a Windows client to a remote LAN. The windows client does use a dialup client
with USERID and PASSWORD over the encrypted tunnel to login to the remote LAN.
The dialup client can connect over the modem or LAN. Most of the time I use it
over the LAN. How can I do the same from the Linux system? How do I use
leftid/rightid and the rsasigkey fields in the ipsec.conf? I only know the IP
address of the remote gateway.

Windows <---> Linux <----> Internet <----> <Remote Gateway>

The remote gateway could be any commmercial system on the market.

How can I login to the remote network in this setup?

My current system is Slackware 8 with kernel 2.4.9. I do have ipchain rules
defined to allow access to and from port 500,ESP and AH protocols.

Thank you in advance for any help.
--

Subba Rao
subba9 at home.com
http://members.home.net/subba9/

GPG public key ID CCB7344E
Key fingerprint = A8DD 4CBA 1E9B D962 A55B  2B55 BAFE 92C5 CCB7 344E