[vpn] Newbie to VPNs Question

Kevin Bachelder kbachelder at mindspring.com
Sat Sep 1 08:34:24 EDT 2001

Hi all,

Our company needs to access a database on our clients network a few times a
day to update some information.  They have asked me for recommendations on
the best way to do this.  Both our companies are very small so they are
looking for FREE or inexpensive solutions that will also keep the data
safe.  They have an NT based network and we use an NT network with Windows
98 clients.  I know of the built-in VPN client but haven't used it.  What
suggestions do you have?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Kevin Bachelder

Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer - Windows NT 4.0 (MCSE)
Microsoft Certified Professional - Windows 2000 (MCP)
Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA)
CompTIA A+ Certified Computer Repair Technician (A+)