[vpn] RE: SecuRemote(VPN) and Outlook

Allasso Support support at allasso.com
Wed Oct 31 03:30:46 EST 2001

Ben.

The best thing here is to check with your Checkpoint support provider on
this one and also make sure you are running the latest SR client and FW SP.

<plug>If you are in Europe and don't have a support contract give me a
shout. I support Checkpoint and a load of other Security products
too.</plug>

We use SR on a variety of platforms and with a variety of applications and
have not had any problems. If you restart outlook after 25 minutes does it
then fail shortly afterwards or does it "restart the clock"...? IE is it
outlook timing out or is it an OS or SR issue.

Is the ISP forcing an IP address change...? Does this happen with all your
clients or just a small collection of PC's...? Have you tried a different
ISP (or just put it outside the FW)...?

Just a few little ideas...

Kind Regards,

Jon Paine. CCSA CCSE. Principal Engineer.
Allasso European Support Centre.
SMTP - mailto:support at allasso.com
WEB  - http://support.allasso.com
Tel. 0870 366 8533 (+44 118 971 1533)