[vpn] VPN Setup?

Michael Johnson michael.johnson at peregrine.com
Tue Oct 9 19:08:47 EDT 2001

Hi All.

I'm attempting to set up a simple VPN connection for just a few user to
access.  Can anyone please advise on recommendation or advice for this
specific configuration?

I have a small business that I'm attempting to allow a few users to access a
Windows 2k Server to work from home remotely.  I have already opened the
ports on a Linksys Router (1723 TCP & 47 UDP) and forwarded them to the
Windows 2k Server which is running Routing & Remote Access Services.  I'm
able to successfully logon to this server and authenticate, but am not able
to map to any network resources or shares.  I'm attempting to accomplish
this using only 1 NIC, can this be the issue, or is there a way to get this
to work with just one NIC.  There really will not be much use of this by the
customer, but they want the functionality if they need to work from home.
Any help or advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Mike Johnson