[vpn] MTU Problems

Raymakers, Guy guy.raymakers at eds.com
Thu Oct 4 02:44:50 EDT 2001

We had also a problem with MTU's being too large. Luckily we had an Intranet
environment which is fully managed so we changed the MTU of both the clients
and the server to 1400 or so to be sure that we didn't had an MTU problem
anymore.

I know that some VPN products allow to do something about this like
NetScreen and I believe Cisco also have something like ' set ip df 0 ' on
IOS to turn the DF bit off.

Good luck,
Guy