[vpn] Netscreen 5XP as a L2TP server?

Riccardo Valente riccardo at thevalentes.net
Wed Nov 21 15:28:33 EST 2001

Any particular tips for Windows 2000?
I normally follow the exact same procedure you outlined, which works with
Win98 and (with some fiddling) with WinME; however, I didn't have any
success with Windows 2000, where NS Remote does not install the L2TP
component, relying on the MS native implementation.
In particular, L2TP brings the tunnel up, but no L2TP session is
established. I've managed to use L2TP without IPSec, but not the two at the
same time.

Regards,
Riccardo