[vpn] Question regarding Lucent/Cisco VPN client

dgillett at deepforest.org dgillett at deepforest.org
Thu Nov 15 18:12:01 EST 2001

  It may be that those clients are using the LSP (Layered Service
Provider) mechanism.  IF this is the case, then (a) the NDIS layer
may not be the right one to do what you want, and (b) they may be
blocking your driver binding as a way to prevent split tunnelling.
  I believe Microsoft's position is that the LSP facility is the
"right" place to implement desktop firewalls, thrid-party VPN
clients, and the capturing functionality that you are trying to
build.  (Search MSDN for "LSP" to find the one or two articles which
document this facility.)

Dave Gillett