VPN and TS

dgillett at deepforest.org dgillett at deepforest.org
Thu May 31 03:34:15 EDT 2001

  Not necessarily a really helpful answer, but:

1)  Whether running terminal services actually reduces the amount of
traffic or not will depend very much on the application.  (You might
know that it does in your case, but since you haven't specified the
application, I hesitate to assume so.)

2)  The issue of remote and local printer access via terminal
services is one I've encountered a couple of times -- and never seen
a clear resolution of.  I suspect that the remote must share its
printer, and that the client's profile on the terminal server can
then access that share, but that seems somehow too simple.  [This is,
technically, a TS issue, and the fact that the link between client
and server runs over a VPN is not strictly relevant.)

David Gillett
A+, MCSE, CCNA, unemployed