FW: VPN performance issues

Sandy Harris sandy at storm.ca
Wed May 30 14:45:07 EDT 2001

Amit Bhargava wrote:

> > I am doing a project focussing on the performance problems and solutions
> > over a VPN. I was wondering if you had any documents that may help or any
> > suggestions that might be useful to me.

Design docs for a project to support hardware crypto accelerators in the
Linux FreeS/WAN IPSEC implementation:

http://www.jukie.net/~bart/linux-ipsec/

I believe some other implementations -- both open source projects for various
BSD derivatives and proprietary solutions such as Redcreek's accelerator
boards for PCs or IBM's IPSEC for System 390 -- already support hardware
acceleration.