Is AT&T Excite at Home blocking IPSec port

Falkovich, Alex -LNL- AFalkovich at LNC.COM
Fri Mar 30 14:58:00 EST 2001

Thanks for your response. It looks as if the Excite at Home folks are
throttling back the IPSec as opposed to totally blocking it. That explains
why a ping works OK, but a Citrix session does not. The fact that my
Excite at Home users were functional up until last Monday and became
non-functional all at the same time is telling me that someone @home pulled
the plug on them. If in fact that was the case, I wonder if it has been done
to force users to subscribe to their @work services, which is lots more
expensive than the existing @home one.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Alex Falkovich
Technology Services
Lincoln Financial Group
afalkovich at lnc.com

>>> Christopher Gripp 03/22/01 11:34AM >>>
We have several users on ATT at home and they work just fine.  Assuming your
Citrix server is BEHIND the corporate VPN then the fact that the users can
ping it shows that the VPN is working fine.  I would check any firewalls or
routers between the VPN and the Citrix server to verify there are no ACLs or
rules that would be blocking those users access.  Of course, this is only my
best guess based on what information you gave.  I could be way off.

Christopher S. Gripp
Systems Engineer
Axcelerant