pptp vpn issue...

Noel Olson nolson at BIGFOOT.COM
Sat Mar 24 12:10:10 EST 2001

Im hoping someone can help me..Im at my wits end on this....
Ive set up a VPN on a NT4 server (SBS4.5) using the Nexland cable router... I can connect and authenticate to the server remotely. (ras manager tells me Im authenticated as well) yet I cannot see any resources on the server. Nor can I ping it. the set up is this...
the router passes port 1723 to the NT box at 10.0.0.2.....like aI said, i am authenticated. Why cant I ping the server..or see any thing on it. Allthe shares seem to be correct,etc. I put the nexland on another server and it worked fine, I even tried another router on the network and had the exact same problem...
If i look in the ras manager after i connect, it tells me i am authenticated and that IP address 10.0.0.51 has been assigned to me... i look on the remote in ipconfig, and i see that the PPP connection is assigned ip address 10.0.0.51.......everything seems correct...ive set up this arrangement on other systems and it works fine...Ive removed and reinstalled ras, pptp and even ip...all to no avail..
PLEASE....if anyone has any thoughts on this..........Im getting desperate....(lol) and the gun is close by..........