PPPOE --> IPSEC

Alan MacKenzie alan.mackenzie at ALCATEL.COM
Wed Mar 7 08:53:00 EST 2001

You will need some IPSec software or a IPSec hardware device behind the
PPPoE connection.  I have had many connection made this way, using a VPN
client on the workstation.

Alan

Patrick Bryan
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2001 5:02 PM
To: VPN at SECURITYFOCUS.COM
Subject: PPPOE --> IPSEC

I have a user that is experiencing problems connecting to my VPN via a PPPoE
connection. I have not worked with a PPPoE device before so my question is,
is it possible for a remote user to connect to an IPSec based VPN via a
PPPoE
connection? Is it possible natively, or is additional software/hardware
required?

Thanks in Advance!