Help

Mike Forrester mikef at POCKETLINT.COM
Sun Mar 4 12:00:14 EST 2001

AFAIK, none of the Charter head-ends do any sort of protocol/port filtering.
The company I work for (HSA Corp) sets up and maintains most of the Charter
ISP services.  However, we do not manage all their systems.  However, all of
the system configs that I've do not do any port/protocol filtering.  Nor
have I heard of any plans to and such filtering in the future.  I think one
of the best features of our service is that we pretty much let you do what
you want as long as you don't screw with other people or their systems (or
use up too much bandwidth).  This sometimes doesn't bode well for the
uneducated user, but for those of use with a clue, it's nice.  I just wish
@Home (we don't service my area) was as hands-off.

Send me a reply off list and I can check things out from our end to make
sure our equipment isn't your problem.

Mike