Help

Alan MacKenzie alan.mackenzie at ALCATEL.COM
Fri Mar 2 09:21:54 EST 2001

If anyone is interested, I have been using AT&T's Global Dialer (formally
IBM Global) for over six years now with IPSec VPN.  I have used it
successfully world wide.  They have access points everywhere and no
restrictions to IPSec protocols.

For what its worth,
Alan

S D Yao
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2001 5:01 PM
To: VPN at SECURITYFOCUS.COM
Subject: Re: Help

On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 02:45:08PM -0500, Carl E. Mankinen wrote:
> Home accounts are for "personal" use. Not for always-on VPN "business"
use.

That may be, although I have yet to see this specified in an ISP's
agreement.  ISTM this is being tacked on.  Contracts being changed
unilaterally leads to a lack of trust and ultimately a loss of revenue.

> If businesses wish to have employees telecommute, they must get business
accounts to do it.

Also fine.

What about my buddies and I who just want to have a nice little chat
about our hobbies without the possibility of anyone listening in?  This
was probably a wider use of FreeSWAN than any business use, at first.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B