Windows 2000 and VPN

Brian Edwards Brian.Edwards at Image-Metrics.com
Mon Jun 25 12:12:51 EDT 2001

We are just installing VPN to use our ADSL connection to a Windows 2000
server network using active directory. Our Exchange 2000 server is
running on the Domain controller.

What we want to be able to do is to limit access to Exchange 2000 only
when dialling in, but to allow the normal network shares when logging in
locally. We do not want off-site users to see the network other than
e-mail

At the moment when we log in remotely we log in to the Windows domain
and therefore have the full network access that we have when on site. Do
you know any way around this?

Brian Edwards
Products Manager            Phone: +44 (0)161 476 8220
Image Metrics plc           Fax:   +44 (0)161 480 4583
Regent House                Email: Brian.Edwards at image-metrics.com
Heaton Lane                 Web: www.image-metrics.com
Stockport SK4 1BS

This email is intended only for the use of the addressees named above
and may be confidential. If you are not an addressee you must not read
it and must not use any information contained in nor copy it nor inform
any person other than image metrics or the addressees of its existence
or contents. If you have received this email and are not a named
addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and
then delete the message from your computer.