Using shared secret with PGPNet ???

Etienne Goyer egoyer at praeneste.com
Tue Jun 12 11:19:57 EDT 2001

Hi all,

I am back to PGPNet and trying to have it use shared secret with an OpenBSD
host setup for IPSec.  I have yet to make it work with shared secret.  The
OpenBSD side should be correct as shared secret is well supported according
to the docs.  I am using PGPNet version 7.0.3.  When I create my connection
with the "Add host wizard", I choose "First attempt shared secret, then
fallback to public key...".  However, PGPNet log and tcpdump output suggest
the PGPNet host is going right to IKE for key exchange and don't even try
shared secret.

I must be missing something really simple.  How do we force PGPNet to use
shared secret instead of IKE ???  Any help appreciated.

Etienne Goyer
Support technique / Technical Support, GEAC
Praeneste Technologies
(514) 273-1314 ext. 275
egoyer at praeneste.com