Cisco VPN 3030 Reporting

dgillett at deepforest.org dgillett at deepforest.org
Thu Jun 7 21:26:36 EDT 2001

  I pointed syslog output at an NT box running SL4NT, which puts
entries into the Security event log.  Then I modified my nome-made
"retrieve event logs, parse, filter and send alerts" code to parse
the 30xx entries (hasn't really been tested with the 3.x firmware,
which *may* have tweaked the format).  It would be possible to pretty
much capture the connect/disconnect records; matching them up to get
elapsed times and telling users from groups would be more of a
challenge....

David Gillett