Firewall-1 Information leak (fwd)

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Wed Jul 18 17:39:11 EDT 2001

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 09:53:59AM -0500, Tina Bird wrote:
> A correction to the earlier posting.
> Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:01:33 +0200
> From: Lars Troen <lars.troen at proxycom.no>
> The default setting in 4.1SP1 (CP2000) and later is *not* to respond to
> unauthenticated topology downloads. You must check the box in Policy
> Properties in order to activate it.

Excuse me?  If it is a default setting, why do you have to check a box
to activate it?

[Having mulled over this for some seconds now ...]

Or do you mean what you did NOT say, which is that there is a box one
may check in Policy Properties to activate responding to topology
downloads even if they are not authenticated?

OSIS Center Computer Support					EMT-B