ipsec "blackbox"

Sandy Harris sandy at storm.ca
Sat Jul 7 00:57:06 EDT 2001

Philipp Buehler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> since Radguard has stopped, and therefor their very nice
> product cIPro is no longer available, I would ask for
> similar Products (maybe someone bought the technology/design?).
>
> Key points:
>  - ASIC based processing (no HDD)
>  - easy auth from branches (certificate on a little token like a coin)
>  - fast
>  - no security breaches in history
>  - failover management
>
> cIPro did all this and was relativly cheap (box for encrypting 128kbit/s
> <<1000 US$)
>
> The only embedded stuff I have found is SonicWall and Watchguard - but
> those have been too often on bugtraq, I would call them: development
> not really finished.
>
> Any more products like cIPro ?

I don't know if any of them will suit you, but there's a list of products
that use Linux FreeS/WAN IPSEC at:

http://www.freeswan.org/freeswan_trees/freeswan-1.91/doc/intro.html#products

It includes several black box firewall appliance products and a couple of
Linux distributions that run from floppy or CD.