Providing Web Access

Ed Bailey erb at GLEIM.COM
Thu Jan 25 15:15:17 EST 2001

Hi,

I apologize if this is an incredibly stupid question, but I am in the process of
planning and implementing a VPN that will connect several hosts together in a
host to host configuration using OpenBSD and IPSEC, using the 192.168.0.0
private address space. I have tested the host to host setup and it works fine,
all internal resources are available. Here is the question, how do I deal with
providing access to the Internet outside of the VPN? Should I setup a web proxy
at each site that directs requests to the Internet and keeps all other requests
internal or use NAT? This feels like an easy question, but I am not sure what to
do as this is my first real VPN setup. Can anybody help me?

Thanks

Ed Bailey