ADSL to build VPN

Patrick Bryan pbryan at ACRUX.NET
Wed Jan 24 17:42:55 EST 2001

I am  currently using ADSL to connect a couple remote sites to a clients
WAN. The VPN has been in production for about 6 months and I haven't had any
problems to date, although most of the apps being run over it are older char
cell apps.....

My 2c

Pat
Nash
  Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2001 4:22 PM
  To: VPN at SECURITYFOCUS.COM
  Subject: ADSL to build VPN

  Hi All,

  I've a client who's looking at using ADSL as their connection to the
Internet from two remote offices upon which they want to build a VPN using
Cisco Routers. Is there any implication in using ADSL -- will I get bitten
by the asynchronous speeds for example?

  The other issue that's come up is that they have managed to use the same
addresses at both offices (192.168.0.x) and cannot change either easily.
What issues will I face doing NAT and still allowing things like NT drive
shares and remote DB access over such a link?

  Any comments appreciated.

  Thanks,

  Clayton