New VPN Installation

Randy Burgess celusil at WWA.COM
Fri Jan 12 16:32:57 EST 2001

Carl, Thanks for the note of incredulity. I find it hard to believe myself.

BTW, to the entire list - thank you all very much for the many helpful

Carl,
We have a deal for T1 lines from all of our buildings to the internet. The
project has been broken down into phases.  Phase 1 Ameritech (our telco) runs
the T1 to the buildings. (almost complete as I write this) Phase 2 our (isp)
provider enables ethernet handoff to our management offices for internet
connectivity. (This is occuring now and should be complete in 2-3 weeks.)

The 3rd phase is me - and I'm gathering facts for a good VPN solution.
Apparently that's a little more complicated than I had originally thought. There
are a lot of options. To complicate it even more - the main application we want
to use over the VPN is Timberline which one consultant I have spoken to has said
won't work over T1. I have to verify this - but if true I might have to use
citrix applications servers. The cost for that might be unacceptable.

The March first deadline, with these other problems now surfacing, doesn't seem
as atainable as it once did.

Randy