OpenBSD VPN

Jonas Eriksson je at SEKURE.NET
Tue Jan 9 12:52:17 EST 2001

You could also check,

http://www.allard.nu/openbsd/

For PGPNet <-> OpenBSD configuration examples and screenshots.

//jonas

On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Baumgardner, James wrote:

> Well, all, I'm looking to use OBSD 2.8 to be our main office, and probably
> the same for two small branch offices.  Our mobiles number about 5, but
> then there's me, my boss and the occasional person who is sick and wants
> to work from home.  I like PGPNet for the client, so I think I'll use it.
> I'll read up on the secureops link, and depending on how I fare, I'll let
> everyone know. Thanks
>
> Jim
>
> On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Pat Ethier wrote:
>
> > Hi James,
> >

> >  There is a slightly outdated sample configuration at
> > http://www.secureops.com/resources. The instructions are posted using Axent's
> > RaptorMobile. You can use any VPN client that supports AGGRESSIVE mode to
> > establish the connections. PGPNet (NAI) just released their latest version
> > which finally supports AGGRESSIVE mode.
> >

> > Let me know if you need help, and if you run into OBSD specific problems either
> > post straight to me or to misc at openbsd.org. The people on those lists are more
> > likely to be of help (Not to say that people on this list are not helpful...:-)
> >

> > Regards,
> > Patrick Ethier
> > patrick at secureops.com
> >
> > On 06-Jan-01 Baumgardner, James wrote:
> > > I'm wanting to setup a VPN to connect my main office to 2 smaller branch
> > > ofices.  I'm going to use OpenBSD to connect them, but I am at a loss on
> > > how to allow individual dial-up people in the field to connect to the VPN.
> > > Can anyone recommend a good client software, and some help on configuring
> > > the server side to allow connections?  I've read up enough to do the
> > > static connections, but can't seem to figure out the others.
> > >
> > > Jim Baumgardner
> > >
> > > VPN is sponsored by SecurityFocus.COM
> >

> VPN is sponsored by SecurityFocus.COM

-- Support your government, give Carnivore / Echelon something to parse --
classfield  top-secret government  restricted data information project CIA
KGB GRU DISA  DoD  defense  systems  military  systems spy steal terrorist
Allah Natasha  Gregori destroy destruct attack  democracy will send Russia
bank system compromise international  own  rule the world ATSC RTEM warmod
ATMD force power enforce  sensitive  directorate  TSP NSTD ORD DD2-N AMTAS
STRAP warrior-T presidental  elections  policital foreign embassy takeover