Nortel Contivity 1510 or Nokia C2500?

Raymakers, Guy guy.raymakers at EDS.COM
Fri Feb 23 04:06:45 EST 2001

The Nokia CC2500 v3 is offering the client on all Windows platform but as
far as I know no MAC.

-----Original Message-----
From: Koppanyi, Lajos [mailto:lajos.koppanyi at KANISA.COM]
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2001 17:45
To: VPN at SECURITYFOCUS.COM
Subject: Nortel Contivity 1510 or Nokia C2500?

Hi All,

I am testing different VPN boxes. So far I tested RedCreek ravlin 10, Cisco
3000, Nortel Contivity 1510.
I like Contivity 1510 the most because of it good reputation, multi platform
client software, easy management.
However, what I don't like about it is the lack of redundancy and load
balance.
Redundancy is important to me.
Nokia C2500 offers all of these, good load balancing and redundancy. The
only thing I don't like about is that it does not offer client on some
Windows platform and Mac.

Please let me know what you think about these two boxes.

Thanks,

LK