Authentication

Washington, Michael Michael.Washington at FITCHRATINGS.COM
Tue Feb 20 14:37:03 EST 2001

I have had problems recently in attempts to bring up the same scenario on
Checkpoint 4.1.

                    Dale Handy
                    <dale at GREP.NE        To:     VPN at SECURITYFOCUS.COM
                    T>                   cc:     (bcc: Michael Washington/it/CHI/F-I)
                                         Subject:     Re: Authentication
                    02/15/2001
                    10:27 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    Dale Handy

That should be TCP port 1723, and IP protocol #47 (GRE).  I assume that you
are trying to use Microsoft's PPTP.

At 03:05 PM 2/15/2001 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi,
>I am just beginning to experiment with VPN, I have managed to set-up a VPN
>server but am having problems with authentication when trying to connect,
>have ports 47 and 1723 open on the firewall.
>
>Any help would be appreciated
>Thanks,
>M.
>
>VPN is sponsored by SecurityFocus.COM

---------
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are for."

-- Dale L. Handy, P.E.
    GrepNet, Inc.
    dale at grep.net