VPN history

Stephen Hope shope at ENERGIS-EIS.CO.UK
Thu Feb 15 04:09:50 EST 2001

Rick,

I suspect you arent going far enough back.

X.25 has supported closed user groups since one of the early standards, and
it was around before that - no idea when - i trashed all my standards docs
for stuff like that a long time ago.

All this was built around the idea of taking features on phone networks and
building equivalent data systems, so the idea was probably already in use on
voice nets before then....

Stephen

Stephen Hope C. Eng, Network Consultant, shope at energis-eis.co.uk,
Energis Integration Services Ltd, WWW: http://www.energis-eis.co.uk
Carrington Business Park, Carrington, Manchester , UK. M31 4ZU
Tel: +44 (0)161 776 4194 Mob: +44 (0)7767 256 180 Fax: +44 (0)161 776
4189

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of Energis Integration Services.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying
of this email is strictly prohibited.

We have an anti-virus system installed on all our PC's and therefore any files
leaving us via e-mail will have been checked for known viruses.
Energis Integration Services accepts no responsibility once an e-mail
and any attachments leave us.

If you have received this email in error please notify Energis Integration Services Communications
IT department on +44 (0) 1494 476222..