Need suggestions of client software

Schlitt, Dan dan.schlitt at SMARTS.COM
Thu Feb 1 16:50:39 EST 2001

We are looking for client software for use by remote employees and would
like some suggestions. Comments from folks with experience using the
software would be useful.

We need a client that will use IPSEC and transparently do tcp, udp and
icmp. It needs to run on NT 4.0 and optionally also windows2000. It needs
to interoperate with the IPSEC in Cisco IOS 12.0. Initially we would like
to stay away from PKI issues by using manually configured shared secrets
for authentication.

While I have lists of sources from a couple of web sites the lists are
long and many of the sources are oriented toward OEMs or hardware and not
user client software.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

/san

--

Dan Schlitt                       System Management Arts
dan at smarts.com                    1 North Lexington Avenue