[vpn] Cisco Unity VPN client on Mac OS X

Dana J. Dawson djdawso at qwest.com
Fri Dec 21 15:34:15 EST 2001

Has anyone gotten Cisco's new Unity client (basically the 3000 series client,
version 3.5) to work under Mac OS X?  I've got the client installed (Cisco has a
minor bug with one of the startup scripts that gets installed, but it's easy to
fix), and it connects just fine to my 3000 series concentrator and I get full IP
connectivity.  The problem is that DNS support is not so wonderful in that OS X
doesn't reference the /etc/resolv.conf file on the fly, so even though the Cisco
client dynamically and correctly updates this file with the DNS information the
concentrator hands out, it doesn't "take" because OS X ignores it.  The end
result is no DNS.

Thanks in advance, and Happy Holidays!

Dana

Dana J. Dawson                     djdawso at qwest.com
Senior Staff Engineer              CCIE #1937
Qwest Global Services              (612) 664-3364
Qwest Communications               (612) 664-4779 (FAX)
600 Stinson Blvd., Suite 1S
Minneapolis  MN  55413-2620

"Hard is where the money is."