[vpn] Newbee

Ryan Russell ryan at securityfocus.com
Fri Dec 7 16:22:41 EST 2001

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Jorge Luis Velasco wrote:

> I just need to set one up to connect my network here
> in Spain to the network in the US.

So you want a site-to-site VPN, i.e. a WAN replacement, rather than a
remote-access VPN.

> If someone is not to busy and would be willing to
> volunteer his e-mail address so i can ask direct
> questions, this would be much appreciated.

You're welcome to mail me privately if you wish, but that's what this list
is for.  Tina seems quite happy to have beginner questions on the list,
and people searching the archives later will thank you.

So, I have some questions for you:  What equipment do you already own at
the two sites?  What operating system(s) are you comfortable with?  Do you
have a budget?  Are you more interested in spending time to solve the
problem (and learn along the way), or are you in a hurry, and willing to
buy some appliances?

					Ryan