[vpn] ProhibitIpSec registry key and NS5

Tom McHugh TomM at spectrum-systems.com
Wed Dec 5 10:24:11 EST 2001

NetScreen Remote isn't involved in any L2TP communications.  It may be that
your L2TP configuration is set up to connect to your L2TP server's external
IP address.  If that's the case, NSR will never see the request for the VPN
tunnel to be formed.

Hope that helps!

Tom McHugh, Senior Systems Engineer
mailto:tomm at spectrum-systems.com

Spectrum Systems, Inc.
"Today's Technology--Solutions for Tomorrow"

11320 Random Hills Road, Suite 630
Fairfax, VA 22030-6001
703-591-7400 x218
703-591-9780 (Fax)
http://www.spectrum-systems.com/

Concerned about the security of your network?  Spectrum Systems' Network
Security products and services can take the worry out of protecting your
network.  Call us at 800-929-3781 or visit us at
http://www.spectrum-systems.com to learn more.