[vpn] Win2K and VPN

David B. Beegle beegled at home.com
Sat Aug 18 16:47:26 EDT 2001

Hello,

I want to set-up a VPN connection from my home computer to my company's
network.  I am using Win2K Pro and my IT department has told me that my
account does allow for VPN connections.  My problem is that I don't know
much about computers except how to use Microsoft Office really, which is
what I do most of my work in; I'm a business analyst.  So, my quandary is
that I have run the wizard in Windows 2000 and walked through it and input
all of the information it asks for but the connection still won't work.  I
can't even connect.  It acts like it is going to or is trying to connect and
then tells me that my login credentials have failed.  I am using the same
login and password that I use when I'm at work, my IT department did at
least tell me that that is what I should be using.  I always read on one
site recently that my Windows 2000 account that I have set-up for myself on
my computer at home, needs to use the same login and password as my account
on the network at work for the VPN connection to work so I did change it to
match.  I know I am not giving much information here but I am not sure what
is pertinent and what isn't.  Any ideas on what I should maybe look at?  Any
help is greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

David Beegle