[vpn] RE: VPN Over Satellite

Nahmias, Ran RNahmias at imperito.com
Tue Aug 14 11:41:44 EDT 2001

Richard,

I had a conversation with a friend yesterday who has some previous
experience with satellite communications. He said that the latency can be as
high as 6 seconds and the Windows max TTL is only three.
They have solved it by installing proxy servers (cache the packets) on both
end thus increasing the TTL and enabling the tunnel to exist and stay alive.
I hope this helps.
-ran