interoperability experiences?

bkeepper bkeepper at paladinss.com
Wed Aug 8 02:44:25 EDT 2001

Angus,

I can't respond to the list from this address, so you can forward it if
you like.

The Nokia IP440 runs Checkpoint as its firewall and VPN service so
interoperability with other Checkpoint VPNs is a non-issue.

I have successfully configured Checkpoint to Cisco PIX, Checkpoint to
Netscreen, and Checkpoint to FreeS/WAN.

I have also made PIX and Netscreen play nice.

I have also made Windows 2000 IPSEC talk to Checkpoint (nice cause it's
built in), but if you go Checkpoint/Nokia you are better off using
Checkpoint's proprietary VPN client (SecuRemote/SecureClient - Remote is
free, Client has built in personal firewalling, but they charge for it).

All of these configs were accomplished using docs off the web.

Ben