WIN ME VPN CLIENT

Ron Carlile carlile at OLES.COM
Mon Apr 30 19:39:53 EDT 2001

I need help trying to figure out how to restore a VPN
client on WIN ME.  The machine was setup and
running on a Dell 8100. The VPN client  connected to
our server for the first week. Then the user tried
reinstalling the OS and got cold feet part way through
the process and aborted the installation.
After that when ever he tried connecting through the
cable connection (which connects to the internet with
no issues) the screen says it is trying to dial the vpn
server which it fails to do.
In the network stack the vpn adapter does not have
TCP\IP protocol associated with it.
I cannot add the TCP\IP protocol, when I try the
TCP\IP displays<nothing>.
I have reloaded ME twice and run countless utilities
with no luck. The only other symptom that I noticed
was on boot up, the Windows network logon screen
would pop up even though it was not selected.
Anything that keeps me from wiping the drive and
starting from squre one would be helpful.
Ron