ipsec & compression

MaX Security MaXsecurity at INTERFREE.IT
Tue Apr 24 15:37:12 EDT 2001

A  Checkpoint  employee  told me about the compression with securemote
that:
"This  will  be  available  in  the  next  release  using  the deflate
algorithm."

I  was  surprised  as you are that it is not possible with the current
version to compress data before encrypting them because it makes a vpn
connection on a ppp connection a lot slower with the vpn than without.

Bye,
    MaX