Getting Started...

Jeff Larsen larsen at QEC.COM
Wed Apr 18 17:07:27 EDT 2001

Hi folks,

I have subscribed to this list because I have found very few other
resources on the net that offer any help on how to choose a VPN
service provider.  We are a mid-sized company looking to connect
3 remote offices in Denver, Kansas City and Milwaukee to our main
office in Minneapolis.

We have talked with Qwest, McCleodUSA and Touch America, but how do you really
gauge the quality of the services they are offering?  Basically, I'm looking
for flames or kudos for various service providers.  What do you, the users,
think of your provider?  Who should we be talking to?  Who should we avoid?

Is there any significant difference in functionality or usability between
basic frame relay and a VPN service?

I know this is pretty basic stuff, but there seems to be a dearth of
opinions on the subject.

If you don't feel like spouting off, then perhaps you could direct me
to some web resources which might help. If you don't want to make your
opinions public, feel free to email me directly.

Thanks,

Jeff