Netscreen config question

Chris Carlson carlsonmail at YAHOO.COM
Mon Apr 16 12:26:48 EDT 2001

Uh, doesn't every router need a default gateway, i.e.
the next hop for all traffic not defined by other
routes?

So, in your case, the NetScreen's default gateway
would be the upstream router (either the one
terminating the ISP connection) or the ISP's router
itself.

Since you're mostly likely doing this in a lab and
your networks are pretty self-contained, I would think
that static routes would cover it all, but I think you
still need a default route.

Chris