question about linksys etherfast cable/dsl router

Dana J. Dawson dana at INTERPRISE.COM
Wed Apr 11 17:52:25 EDT 2001

Tom Ryan wrote:

> I have a linksys etherfast cable/dsl router hooked up to my cable modem.
>
> With this setup, I can not connect to my pptp server. If I remove the
> linksys from the equation and connect directly, all is well.
>
> The linksys is running firmware 1.35 (Should we upgrade to 1.36/1.37? what
> about config settings?)
>
> Thanx!
> tom
>
> --

I believe 1.36 is when IPSec pass thru was released, but I'm running 1.37 in my
Linksys BEFSR41 and it works just fine.  I haven't run PPTP through it, but it
works fine with the Cisco VPN 3000 client.

Dana

Dana J. Dawson                              dana at interprise.com
Distinguished Principal Engineer            CCIE #1937
Qwest Communications International, Inc.    (612) 664-3364
600 Stinson Blvd., Suite 1S                 (612) 664-4779 (FAX)
Minneapolis  MN  55413-2620

"Hard is where the money is."