VPN disables access to local corporate LAN

Jon Carnes jonc at HAHT.COM
Wed Sep 20 15:02:27 EDT 2000

David, you're thinking "two dimensionally".  You would be easy prey for
Khan.

Corporate networks are not always flat.  Our particular network has most
vital systems isolated on their own net, and traffic is "firewalled" to the
general population.  In our case, we don't give each individual machine a
map to each internal network, instead each machine uses the "internal
firewall" as its gateway.  It works.

We also have several other internal networks which are somewhat isolated -
most notably: training and QA.

Lose of the default route would cause an internal machine to no longer have
access to internal corporate servers.

Larry, you're doing great.  Glad things are working for you again!

Jon Carnes
MIS - HAHT Commerce