IPSEC between FreeBSD 4.1(KAME + Racoon) and Win2k

Josef Pojsl josef.pojsl at SKYNET.CZ
Fri Sep 15 04:34:03 EDT 2000

Hi Maikel,

AFAIK, this is not going to work. KAME/racoon uses tunnel mode IPsec
while Win2K uses IPsec in transport mode and L2TP for tunneling private
address space inside it.

See also the following URL (as an example):
 http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/library/resources/reskit/samplechapters/inbe/inbe_vpn_njvv.asp

Regards,
Josef