NIC or Modem

Jeffery Eric Contr 95 CS/SCBA eric.jeffery at EDWARDS.AF.MIL
Wed May 17 14:04:24 EDT 2000

I have a LAN at home.  I have a modem in my PC.  When I connect to my ISP, and then establish the VPN Tunnel, I am not able to map a drive via the VPN.  My question: how does the computer know whether to send the mapping request down the NIC path or the Modem path?  This also applies to machines with multiple NIC's, how does the computer determine which resource gets the request?

Eric Jeffery, MCSE
Network Systems Analyst
TYBRIN Corp.

"The ultimate result of protecting fools from their folly is to fill the planet full of fools."  Sir James Russell Lowell