Security after establishing VPN

Gibson, Brian GibsonB at GRUNTAL.COM
Tue May 16 14:58:56 EDT 2000

Yes it would only encrypt traffic for POP3.  Other traffic would be dropped
by your drop all or if for some bizarre reason you didn't have a drop all it
would drop with no rule match found, assuming you don't have another client
encrypt rule.  You could even take it a step further, if you felt the need,
and put your POP server on its own subnet and assign only that network as
your encryption domain.  Thus any other traffic would be unencrypted and
either drop into netherspace, if you are using non-routable addresses, or be
dropped by the Firewall if you are using routable.

Gruntal & Co., L.L.C.'s e-mail system is for business purposes only.
Messages are not confidential.  All e-mail may be reviewed by
authorized supervisors, compliance or internal audit personnel.
E-mail will be archived for at least three years and may be produced
to regulatory agencies or others with a legal right to access such
information.  Gruntal will not accept trade order instructions via
e-mail.  Please telephone your Account Executive to place trade orders.

Gruntal & Co., L.L.C.